Whoa, big news! As of today, a new online Yoast Academy course is available to you: the WordPress for beginners training. And best of all: it’s completely free! Do you have great ideas or products to share with the world? But you’re afraid you’re not technical enough to build a website? Or you don’t know where to start? Or worse, been struggling for a while? That’s all in the past now! Our new WordPress for beginners training takes you by the hand and guides you through every step of creating a WordPress-based website. Simply click the button below, sign up and start your journey! Want to learn more about the course first? Just continue reading!
What will you learn in the WordPress for beginners training?
In this course, we’ll teach you everything you need to know about setting up a website with WordPress, step-by-step. You’ll learn:
- what WordPress is and what it can do for you;
- how to get your own WordPress site up and running;
- how to customize your site with plugins, themes, and widgets;
- the ins and outs about all the settings in WordPress, so you can really build a website that helps you achieve your goals;
- how to liven up your site with amazing content, like posts, pages, images, videos, and embeds;
- how to make sure people can find what they need on your site, by organizing your content with categories and tags;
- how to manage your WordPress site once it’s up and running, with user roles, updates, and backups;
- how to make sure your site is secure and protected against hackers;
- everything about WordPress SEO, so people can actually find your site in the search engines;
- all about the story behind WordPress, like its history and its open source community!
How is the course set up?
The WordPress for beginners training consists of seven modules, divided into several lessons. Each lesson contains interesting videos, in which our WordPress experts – like Joost de Valk, Jono Alderson, and Remkus de Vries – explain everything you should know. Most lessons also contain screencasts, so you can see exactly what you need to do. We’ve also created reading materials, in which we explore topics more broadly. To complete a lesson, you take a quiz. These quizzes test whether you understand the theory and if you’re able to apply this knowledge to realistic example cases. Once you’ve finished the course, you’ll get a Yoast certificate and a badge you can display on your website.
Learn whenever you want, wherever you want
Like every other Yoast Academy training course, the WordPress for beginners training is online and on-demand. On top of that, it’s completely free of charge. This means you can do this course whenever you want, wherever you want. It’s all up to you!
Are you ready to create your own WordPress website?
With the WordPress for beginners training, you’ll have all the tools and knowledge you need to craft your own WordPress site. A blog, an online shop, a business website? Everything’s possible. Simply start the course by clicking the button below!
More exciting news…
We’ve got even more exciting news for you: as of today, our Yoast SEO for WordPress plugin training is also free of charge! Our mission is SEO for everyone, so we want to share as much knowledge as we can. Since our platform has grown over the years, we’re now seeing the opportunity to make this course accessible for everyone as well! So go ahead, and start learning about all the features our Yoast SEO plugin offers!
The post New & free online training: WordPress for beginners appeared first on Yoast.