So You Don’t Think You’re Going to Be Able to Create Content for Your Online Business Blog?

contentA couple of days ago I talked about launching a blog as part of your online business.

In short, blogs are the reason why people decide to visit business websites more than once. Simply because most of the time, your visitors don’t care about the products all that much … they are a lot more receptive to content.

This is where blogs come into play. Good blog = good content.

And this is where one specific problem comes into play as well. How to find time for content creation, and what type of content is the best in your situation?

Of course, nothing beats experience and some actual research, so you won’t be able to know for sure until your blog is online for a couple of months, but you can still make some assumptions even today.

The first thing you need to realize that in 90% of the cases you’ll have to get used to writing (producing written content). The other 10% is when you hire someone to do this for you.

To be honest, I was kind of surprised when I realized how much writing running an online business involves. Setting all the promotional copy aside, you also have to write posts, guest posts, articles, PRs, and myriads of other things. This makes writing one of the crucial activities for an online entrepreneur.


That is why, I encourage you to take care of it in the morning … better yet, first thing in the morning.

Here’s my guest post at Daily Blog Tips explaining the concept:

Writing First Thing in the Morning

Now, apart from writing, you can also create other types of content, or even create your blog around a whole different concept completely.

Your business blog doesn’t have to be text-based, you can use different templates and schemes for a blog.

However, be careful about it. The safest approach is still to start with a text blog, and then try launching something different if your audience is more receptive to other types of content. Here are the possible kinds of blogs:

7 Most Common Kinds of Blogs

Finally, I want to show you one more cool idea. You can (and should) recycle your content.

Okay, maybe recycle doesn’t send the right message … re-purpose is a better word.

In short, re-purposing is a practice where you take a standard blog post, and then turn it into other different types of content. Like, for example, creating a video out of it, or an audio file.

I describe the whole process here (step-by-step tutorial):

The Art of Recycling Your Content

I hope that this set of techniques and methods will help you to get your business blog going. I know that it looks like a lot of work, but everybody needs to start one day, right? Besides, I’m somewhere in the middle of the process myself.

So You Don’t Think You’re Going to Be Able to Create Content for Your Online Business Blog? |