Well, actually, I just did.
This concept of structured resource pages is really taking off here at newInternetOrder so I’ve decided to keep up the paste and publish another page today. This time, as you can see in the headline, it’s about building and launching a new online business site.
First or all, it focuses on the technical side of things. So no niche research, no keyword research, no advertising, no partnership building or anything like it. Just straightforward technical how-to for everyone who wants to launch a new site quickly, and then use it as a base of a new online business.
Here’s the link to the page:
And here’s what you can find there:
- Choosing a domain name for your online business – tools, how to select a domain name, what TLD to get (.com, .net, ?), where to make the purchase.
- How to handle web hosting for your online business – why you need a web host, free vs. paid hosting, choosing a web host and a hosting plan, where to buy hosting, connecting your domain and hosting together.
- How to build and install your website – getting started with a website, why you don’t need expensive designers and developers, what is WordPress and what it can do for you, installing WordPress in 5 minutes, selecting a theme (and where to get a quality one), understanding plugins (and which ones to get), SEO, site security (important).
- Blogging for online business; how to blog effectively – does your online business need a blog, how to blog, how to turn your blog into a valuable asset for your business.
- Getting an edge in online business – advanced WordPress tactics – what steps to take next in order to make your WordPress site hyper-optimized and highly reader-friendly.
There’s truly a lot of content. But you can consume it in one of three alternative ways. You can either (1) read the whole thing from start to finish, (2) go directly to the parts that interest you the most (there’s a cool navigation provided on the page), or you can (3) display the content as a list of links for future reference.
I hope you enjoy it and that it’ll help you get going with your new site. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.