The third release candidate for WordPress 5.4 is now available!
WordPress 5.4 is currently scheduled to be released on March 31 2020, and we need your help to get there—if you haven’t tried 5.4 yet, now is the time!
There are two ways to test the WordPress 5.4 release candidate:
- Try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (choose the “bleeding edge nightlies” option)
- Or download the release candidate here (zip).
For details about what to expect in WordPress 5.4, please see the first release candidate post.
RC3 addresses improvements to the new About page and 8 fixes for the following bugs and regressions:
- 49657 – Block Editor: Update WordPress Packages WordPress 5.4 RC 3
- 49621 – Travis: Download Chromium for E2E Tests Only
- 48164 – media_sideload_image Should Store Original URL and Optionally Check for Dupes
- 49577 – Site Health Status Dashboard Provides Incorrect Items Count on Initial Load
- 47053 – Accessibility: Need to set proper ‘tabindex’ in ‘Skip To Toolbar’ HTML
- 48303 – Docblock Improvements for 5.4
- 49374 – Use get_post_states to Denote Special Pages on the Added Menu Item Accordions
- 49619 – Use <hr /> Instead of Margin on Freedoms Page
Plugin and Theme Developers
Please test your plugins and themes against WordPress 5.4 and update the Tested up to version in the readme to 5.4. If you find compatibility problems, please be sure to post to the support forums so we can figure those out before the final release.
The WordPress 5.4 Field Guide has also been published, which details the major changes.
How to Help
Do you speak a language other than English? Help us translate WordPress into more than 100 languages!
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. We’d love to hear from you! If you’re comfortable writing a reproducible bug report, file one on WordPress Trac, where you can also find a list of known bugs.